Implements SaaS Model Digital Banking Suite in Ten Months
Australian Military Bank (AMB), one of Australia”s longest serving mutual financial institutions, and Infosys Finacle, part of EdgeVerve Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Infosys (NYSE: INFY), announced the go live of the Finacle banking solutions suite to drive AMB”s ambitious digital transformation program. The comprehensive, Australia ready digital banking solution stack, has been implemented in a fully SaaS model, hosted out of Infosys datacenters in the country. Finacle has enabled AMB with significant operational benefits and cost efficiencies, along with enhanced security and scalability. AMB is now able to provide both its staff and members, a world class banking experience, equal or better than leading global banks.
The Finacle solution stack replaced AMB”s legacy systems to enable the bank to keep pace with new technology developments and allow a speedy response to market demands. Additionally, the Finacle solution enables open application programming interfaces (APIs) that overcome limitations for the bank”s ability to work effectively with ecosystem partners.
- The entire implementation of the Finacle solution stack, including core banking, origination, payments and channels, was completed in just 10 months, providing feature rich, truly digital retail banking functionalities for AMB.
- Since go live, the bank has been processing on average of 40,000 mixed transactions per day, along with 22,000 card transactions and close to 7,000 composite payments transactions on average per day.
- The new origination system has helped the bank make the origination process simpler and drive the creation of a pipeline of over AUD 61 million worth of loans during just the first month post go live.
- AMB is now able to onboard new members and open accounts, complete with transactions enabled, within minutes. The bank has signed up close to 3,000 new accounts across different account types since go live.
- The new Internet Banking & Mobile Banking channels have seen a 46% increase in registrations and more notably a 116% increase in the Mobile App registration.
- For the first time, AMB users have access to an integrated Personal Finance Management tool which enables among other things budget creation, goal settings and ability to track spends.
- Cutting-edge localization capabilities in the solution, including 16 integration touch points, have empowered AMB to establish seamless end-to-end integration with major allied services providers and key partners such as credit bureau, ATM providers and payments solution providers. The Finacle solution also provides the bank out of the box capability for required regulatory reporting.
- The solution is hosted out of Infosys datacenters in Australia that conform to ISO-27001 standards for information security. The application has also been certified as being PCI-DSS compliant.
John Ford, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Military Bank, said, ‘At AMB, we aspire to be a great niche bank by transforming into a modern, nimble, new age digital bank. We chose Infosys Finacle so we could easily adapt to the dynamic and complex banking landscape, while serving our members” financial needs in a secure manner. The openness of Infosys Finacle means we can readily meet emergent regulatory and customer demands. The Infosys team displayed exemplary commitment to help us not only go live in a very short time but also support ongoing service enhancements. It has been a true partnership to get to this point and positions us well for the future.’
Sanat Rao, Chief Business Officer, Infosys Finacle, said, ‘Australian banks have been quick to realize that banking tomorrow will look fundamentally different from today. As one of the early adopters in the Australian Mutuals segment to make a truly digital transformation, AMB is clearly pioneering a path and we are proud to be the bank”s partner of choice in their change journey. This successful implementation underlines Finacle”s readiness to enable Australian Mutuals with a proven, fast and low-risk truly digital transformation, easily on cloud.’
About Australian Military Bank
Australian Military Bank has been helping Australian Defence personnel and their families make the most of their money since 1959. As Australia”s longest serving Defence financial institution, they are aligned with the unique aspects of life in the armed forces.
Australian Military Bank are dedicated to helping the men and women who protect and serve their community and are focused on providing members better quality services, lower fees and competitive interest rates.
Australian Military Bank is a member owned organization which means they always put their members first.
About Infosys Finacle
Finacle is the industry-leading digital banking solution suite from EdgeVerve Systems, a wholly owned product subsidiary of Infosys. Finacle helps traditional and emerging financial institutions drive truly digital transformation to achieve frictionless customer experiences, larger ecosystem play, insights-driven interactions and ubiquitous automation. Today, banks in over 100 countries rely on Finacle to service more than a billion consumers and 1.3 billion accounts.
Finacle solutions address the core banking, omnichannel banking, payments, treasury, origination, liquidity management, Islamic banking, wealth management, analytics, artificial intelligence, and blockchain requirements of financial institutions to drive business excellence. An assessment of the top 1250 banks in the world reveals that institutions powered by the Finacle Core Banking solution, on average, enjoy 7.2% points lower costs-to-income ratio than others.
To know more, visit http://www.finacle.com
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations intended to qualify for the ”safe harbor” under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company”s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. In addition, please note that the date of this press release is mentioned at the beginning of the release, and any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
BENGALURU, India and SYDNEY, September 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ —